Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Review of L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes

I was going to wait to do a review on the new L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes until I'd used the mascara for a month, but I can't take it any longer.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this beauty product! Everyone knows I love my mascara, but this is not a good one. At all.

Let's start with the first application. It's white and is supposed to nourish and strengthen your lashes. Okay, I'm willing to apply mascara in two steps, if it works. But the first step clumps and I've not yet been able to get my lashes to separate by using it.

The second step is the mascara, and this is where the tubes extend your eyelashes. As I sat at breakfast with @LoisAtVistage this morning, I could feel my eyelashes hit my eyebrows and it made me feel like they were jumping off my face like two ugly spiders!

Now I'm going to admit that I am a bad person. I never wash my face at night. Partly because I'm lazy and partly because my skin is really dry and washing it twice a day really dries it out. So when I washed my face the day after I tried the mascara for the first time, I thought my eyelashes were falling out. There are actual tubes that come off with soap and water.

IT'S FREAKY!!

Lastly, the brushes are on the wrong side of the tube so you have to get used to applying it differently.

I have nothing good to say about this beauty product. Don't waste your money on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely didn't notice your crazy lashes at breakfast! Sorry to hear they were so annoying for you. I'll be steering clear of this mascara and sticking with my trusty Lancome Defencicils. Though I may have to try your givenchy kind after your rave reviews. You need to do the eye to eye comparison one of these days!

    ReplyDelete