Saturday, January 24, 2009

Facial Cleansers

Today's beauty product discussion is around cleansers. I've read conflicting information about cleansers. Some say it doesn't matter what you clean your face with because toner and moisturizer rebalance your skin. Others say it's the most important part of your daily beauty routine.

I don't know which philosophy is true, but I do know I've used several kinds of cleansers. Following are my thoughts on the most recent.

@tanyaflynn brought some Yonka samples to me the other day and I'd forgotten how much I like their stuff! I've used the Gel Nettoyant as a cleanser for the past couple of days and it smells divine and is really nice...if you don't use moisturizer. It feels really heavy on my skin under my moisturizer and it doesn't work as a make-up remover.
Sephora sent a sample of Murad Age Reform Exfoliating Cleanser with one of my online purchases. I actually really like this, but it can only be used twice a week. It needs to be massaged in for a few minutes until you can no longer feel the crystals.
Dove Soap for Sensitive Skin is my old standby when I'm traveling (it doesn't count as a liquid you have to put in a tiny plastic bag) or when I've run out of cleanser at home and haven't had time to get more. I've never noticed a difference between this or an expensive cleanser. If I were to make a recommendation as a non-expert, I would side with those that say the cleanser you use doesn't matter, as long as your skin is clean and the make-up comes off. Go with the Dove and do a twice a week exfoliation.

1 comment: