Monday, April 6, 2009

Want Shiny Hair? Advice for Two Products Here!

Guest blog written by Molli Megasko (@mollimegasko)

When choosing a hair gloss for my thin, over-bleached hair, I am more than picky. I've tried them before and they always weigh down my hair and make it look dirty. I've been using beauty products such as Bed Head's Superficial spray gloss for the past few years, which to me is like a classic movie - you watch it when nothing else is on. But I'm looking for something with a little more drama.

I can't wash my hair every day because it dries out my ends, so I need to find a gloss that would not make my hair look greasy or oily.

When the saleslady told me that Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse was just what I needed, I jumped on board!

I've been using the gloss in the shower every time I wash my hair (every other day) for a little more than a week now, and I do see a difference. It's not a huge difference; people are not coming up to me, asking me how I got my hair so shiny. But there is a difference.

My wispies (baby bangs, as I call them) and my fly-aways are not as out of control as usual! It does make the roots feel thicker when blow drying. It doesn't weigh it down at all and provides a nice, subtle shine.

Would I recommend the product? Sure. But I'm always up for new suggestions on hair shine.

*Editor's Note: I have very thick, straight hair and have been using Frederic Fekkai Three-Minute Mask twice a week for nearly a year. My hair is healthy, strong, and shiny...and strangers do ask me what I use for the shine. But the saleslady at Sephora told Molli the mask would be too heavy for her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment