Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lip Plumper

Rachael asked me today if I have a favorite lip plumper. She said she tried the Benefit one (but couldn't remember the name), but that she was open to new ideas.

I've tried them all and am not typically a fan. I am a sucker for marketing tactics and I think this is one that does not work.

That being said, Sephora sent me a "beauty insider" gift and it was a lip plumper. It's the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips.

Granted, I've only been using the sample for a few days, but I like it! It's minty and massages my lips when I put it on. Plus it has a nice pink tint that makes me look glosssed, but not overly made up. I have no idea if it's making me look like Angelina Jolie, but I like the feel of it when I put it on, and it doesn't taste half bad either!

2 comments:

  1. I always wonder about lip plumpers. I've never tried one because I just can't get past the whole 'causing an allergic reaction to make my lips look bigger' thing. I'm not sure I'm convinced yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only used the Arbonne (online only or through a sales rep) lip plumper. My lips are never going to look like Angolina Jolie's, but I can definately FEEL the plumper working. Plus the glosses come in a lot of cute colors. It's worth checking out. They're a little pricey, but they have a great return policy and are usually worth the money. https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=1785&menuId=27&withLinks=1

    ReplyDelete